The John Roberts Almshouses

John Roberts Almshouses

These almshouses, located about half a mile from the town centre, fulfilled a wish of local builder, John Roberts, who made a bequest that the residue of his estate be used for the erection and endowment of almshouses for members of Stratford upon Avon Congregational Church, now the United Reformed Church. He died in 1934 and the John Roberts Almshouses were built and first occupied in October 1936.  

Priority of tenancy is given primarily to members/adherents of the United Reformed Church but the Trustees will also consider people attending a church which is a member of Stratford Churches Together.